Facts About Us:
The SWFL Regional Human Trafficking Coalition is changing it’s name to the FLORIDA COALITION AGAINST HUMAN TRAFFICKING. It has NO paid employees. We are a 100% volunteer organization. Every tax-deductible dollar that is donated goes directly to helping eradicate Human Trafficking in SWFL.
How is the Florida Coalition Against Human Trafficking different?
- We provide trained advocates to take the human trafficked person out of the situation. Providing them a safe environment.
- We have a true Human Trafficked hot line with qualified. Trained personnel which the Coalition has provided the protocol, training and personal for.
- We provide extraction from the trafficker for the victim
- Through the Coalition partnerships we provide the victim with shelter, medical & physiological needed help. They also provide food, a safe environment to start healing process. In addition an educational path, training and much other support needs are available.
- The coalition works with Local, State and Federal agencies, and lawmakers to help revise outdated laws and bring new ones into effect.
- Provides each human trafficked person a “Freedom Pack” upon extraction which contains personal hygiene items
- Are called upon for expert witness and help with human trafficker person during prosecution of the Trafficker.
Southwest Florida was one of the first areas in Florida which organized in 2005 to fight human trafficking. The Florida Coalition Against Human Trafficking has created organized efforts to combat this crime.
The mission of the Coalition is to develop a partnership of the community, service providers, law enforcement and the media to combat Human Trafficking through education, coordination, outreach and training.
Consistent with that mission, it has been working closely with FDLE and the coalitions partners in providing victim services over the past 36 months and assisting in the investigation of a case involving numerous victims, many of whom were able to provide information to the investigators at FDLE. We have served as the liaison between the victims and law enforcement.
Coalition members are known as leaders in the fight against trafficking. They have offered their services as media contacts and liaisons. The Florida Coalition Against Human Trafficking, previously known as the SWFL Human Trafficking Coalition is proud to announce that through our partnerships and collaboration, success in bringing justice to victims of human trafficking has been attained in our communities.
The efforts of the Coalition and the Florida Department of Law enforcement has led to the prevention, protection, and successful prosecution of sex trafficking.
Promote community awareness of the crime.
Helping our community understand that risks factors and promote prevention.
Promoting awareness among communities and populations that may be at risk.
Acting as a support group for law enforcement.
Serving as liaison between any referral source for potential victims and the appropriate service provider.
Coordinate community resources, in an effort to provide comprehensive services to all victims of Human Trafficking.
This project demands significant involvement by the various organizations within the community to ensure the safety of our children. Ultimate success is highly dependent on the efforts of these organizations in supporting our objectives so that we can continue to create awareness of the resources available to the victims of this crime and to help the community understand that this is a concern that affects us all.
The benefits of our events includes creating awareness of the crime, educating the members of the community on the characteristics of this crime, and to let the community know we are there for them is they need our services.